Quick and easy
instructions for author
- Please submit abstracts on line only at PACS.
- Starting from this Meeting, ACS will use the new online submission system (http://abstracts.acs.org). The previous online submission system (oasys) will no longer be applied.
- When you enter the new on line submission system. Please select the ENFL: Division of Energy & Fuels in the program area in which you would like to submit your paper and double click. You will then see a list of Symposia that will be hold.
- Please choose the Symposium and then click Save in the box shown in below.
- You will then see Division and Committee Instructions with a Welcome message with a Document ID. Please write down this ID.
- To start your abstract submission, you can click a task on the left navigational bar, starting with Authors & Institutions task.
- Click the button on the left side of the screen and complete each section. Be sure to carefully follow the instructions within each section. When the section is completed, you will see a green check √.
- Save your work by clicking "Save" on each page. This does not submit your abstract for review. Be sure to save your work before logging off the site.
- You can log off at any time without submitting your abstract. You may return to the site at any time prior to the submission deadline to edit your abstract, even if you have submitted your abstract.
- Verify that your abstract is correct by clicking "Preview Abstract".
- Print out and proofread the abstract preview to verify that it is correct before completing the submission.
- Click on "Submit" ONLY when you have completed your abstract and it is in final form.
- Energy & Fuels Chemistry Division requires that you submit a Preprint (two-page normally) at the same time when you submit abstract. The template of the Preprint can be downloaded when you click Preprints on the right side of the screen.
- The Energy & Fuels Chemistry Division is just responsible for assembling the content, the format, publication, and management of the preprints. Rights to individual papers remain with the author(s).
- . Before the deadline, you should be available to modify your papers at the online submission system by click Edit Document with the Document ID.
- If the document has been submitted, click the "Preview Document" button found next to the desired document submission you would like to work with from the listed document submissions below.
Guidelines for Absract and Preprint Submittal
The Division of Energy & Fuels publishes preprints
biannually as a record of the papers presented in Division sponsored
symposia at ACS National meetings. The division strives to maintain
high quality in its
preprints as a benefit to its members. The preprints are abstracted by
ACS Chemical Abstracts Service and, thus, appear in many databases of
All speakers must submit an abstract
and preprint through PACS , .
submission is no longer supported. The abstract
be submitted first and will be assigned a paper number. The
preprint (based on the Energy & Fuels template) is then submitted as a word
processing document under the same paper number.
ACS Abstract Preparation and Submittal
All authors must use ACS PACS, the ACS online abstract submittal
system to submit online abstracts electronically. Detailed
instructions are available at the ACS meetings web site.
Division of Energy and FuelsPreprint Formatting Guidelines and Submittal
The division has a "no paper, no podium" policy. Papers must
be received in the correct format by the deadline, or else the paper
will be WITHDRAWN from the program; no paper will be allowed for oral
presentation without the published preprint. Please follow
the detailed instructions for the preprint preparation using the
Preprint Template. The final appearance
will reflect on the care that you personally use in the
preparation. Please adhere to the template guidelines.
Your completed word processing manuscript should be
OASYS using the paper number of your abstract. Upon submission of
manuscript, it will be converted to a PDF document and made viewable by
authors for checking and printing. Authors may re-transmit
revised manuscripts up until the stated closing date for
submissions. After the closing date, the PDF document can only be
viewed by the Symposium Organizer and Program Chair. The preprint file
will be forwarded to the Energy & Fuels Preprints Editor for final acceptance.
The preprint deadlines are final; please pay particular attention to
the deadlines for abstract and preprint submittal.
Here are sample preprints in pdf and Microsoft Word
Content and Style:
The paper should be in a typical paper format of Introduction,
Materials and Methods (or Experimental), Results, Discussion,
Conclusions, Acknowledgments, and References. Tables and Figures
are embedded in the text.
Your preprint is the record of your presentation at the meeting. We
you to present your subject concisely and completely so that our
not in attendance are well informed. Content and quality is your
responsibility. Careful attention to the format and content of your
manuscript means minimal editing and a rapid publication process.
PLEASE USE THE DOWNLOADED
TEMPLATE ! The Preprint Template can be downloaded from
Energy & Fuels Division web site as described previously. The papers
be in two column format. Overwrite the text that is on your
screen to maintain the proper format. Your manuscript will be printable
a correct size on 8.5" by 11" paper in a two column format (each column
inches wide with 0.3 inches spacing between columns). The correct
margins are 0.8" on top, 1.1" on bottom, 0.6" on the left and right)
and indents (0.25").
- The font is Times New Roman or equivalent.
- The title is centered boldface 10 point.
- Authors 9 point italic centered, the same
authors as the abstract
- Section headings are 9 point bold
- Body text should be 9 point Times New Roman font, fully
- Footer. Preprint must show running footer on each page
(Chicago 2001 meeting): Energy & Fuels Division Preprints 2001,
Figures and Tables:
Figures, tables and graphics must be incorporated into the body of the
text in the word processing document file, so that the entire document
be converted into a PDF file. All Figures must be readable and
positioned within the margins (authors should use "In line with text"
option; i.e., not
"float over text"). Figures can be in color, at a size that
easily legible. Particular care should be taken with scanned
images to ensure optimal resolution is achieved in the final PDF
document. The final appearance will reflect on the care that you
personally use in the preparation.
References should be in the ACS style.
Your preprint is the record of your presentation at the meeting. We
encourage you to present your subject concisely and completely so that
not in attendance are well informed.Up to two pages (4 columns) are
encouraged. Longer papers are not encouraged. Expanded or more detailed
papers are still of interest to the journals. Papers that are longer
than two pages will be charged $25 per page for excess pages.
The Energy & Fuels Division is responsible for assembling the content,
the format, publication, and management of the preprints. Rights
individual papers remain with the author(s). The Energy and Fuel Division
are a product of the Energy and Fuel Division of the American Chemical
The general contact for information outside of the submittal process is
Organizer and the Program
Chair. For general papers, the Program Chair will act
organizer. Authors lacking access to the internet or necessary
processing tools should contact their symposium organizer for
Meeting specific information and
updates to these instructions will be posted at the Energy & Fuels
Division web site .
Last updated December 20, 2011
Energy & Fuels
Preprint pdf format
Preprint Microsoft Word
ACS Meetings Page
Energy & Fuels Division Home