TRACC Application Software Overview
- HyperMesh(Phoenix Only)
- The need for a high performance pre- and post-processor with state-of-the-art mesh generation capabilities led TRACC to purchase the Hypermesh/HyperView (with HyperGraph and MotionView) software suite. The mesh generation capabilities of Hypermesh are particularly suited to thin wall structures, such as automobiles and steel bridges, which is where we would find the most use. The software has been installed and tested on the cluster. It is now available to our user base.
- The U.S. Department of Transportation´s (USDOT´s) current and near-future need for computational structural mechanics led the Transportation Research and Analysis Computing Center (TRACC) researchers to select the commercial LS-DYNA® software, developed by Livermore Software Technology Corporation, as TRACC´s primary structural analysis tool. ...read more ...
- The U.S. Department of Transportation's (USDOT's) current and near-future need for computational structural mechanics led the Transportation Research and Analysis Computing Center (TRACC) researchers to select the commercial LS-DYNA® suite of codes, developed by Livermore Software Technology Corporation, as one of TRACC's structural analysis software packages. The package includes LS-DYNA®, LS-PrePost®, and LS-OPT®. LS-OPT® is the optimization tool that allows the user, through the graphical interface, to structure the design process, explore the design space and compute optimal designs according to specified constraints and objectives. ...read more ...
- To provide for remote use of graphical applications on the cluster, we've installed NoMachine NX on the login hosts.
- STAR-CD is a mature high-performance computational fluid dynamics (CFD) environment that has been licensed for TRACC from CD-adapco. STAR-CD can perform reliable analysis of complex, multiscale transport phenomena in realistic industrial systems. STAR-CD is well suited to the solution of large-model simulations that benefit from efficient solution algorithms, memory utilization, and scalability on multiple processors. ...read more ...
- STAR-CCM+ is CD-adapco´s newest CFD software product. It uses the well established CFD solver technologies available in STAR-CD, and it employs a new client-server architecture and object oriented user interface to provide a highly integrated and powerful CFD analysis environment to users. ...read more ...
- The Transportation Analysis and Simulation System (TRANSIMS) is a set of travel modeling procedures designed to meet state departments of transportation and metropolitan planning organizations´ need for more accurate and more sensitive travel forecasts for transportation planning. The Federal Highway Administration, Federal Transit Administration, Office of the Secretary of Transportation, and the Environmental Protection Agency funded the development of TRANSIMS. ... read more ...
- OpenFOAM is a free, open source CFD software package developed by OpenCFD Ltd at ESI Group and distributed by the OpenFOAM Foundation. It has a large user base across most areas of engineering and science, from both commercial and academic organizations. OpenFOAM has an extensive range of features to solve anything from complex flows involving chemical reactions, turbulence and heat transfer, to solid dynamics and electromegnetics.
TRACC Application Development Software
- GNU Compiler Collection<
- The GNU Compiler Collection includes front ends for C, C++, Objective-C, Fortran, and Java.
- Open64(Zephyr Only)
- Open64 has been well recognized as an industrial strength production compiler. It is the final result of research contributions from a number of compiler groups around the world.
- MPICH is a high-performance and widely portable implementation of the Message Passing Interface (MPI) standard.